Saturday, April 01, 2006

My first storyboard gig




Here are some of the first few pages of a storyboard I did last year for Warner Bros. After finishing the first season of Atomic Betty, I got a chance to do my first storyboard at Atomic since graduating from school. I was pretty nervous because not only it was my first storyboard gig, but because I haven't really practiced drawing since I was always busy animating in Flash. I started out doing some revisions for the first three days and after I had finished all the revisions, I got to do a whole board from start to finish in three weeks. I didn't realise back then, that three weeks wasn't very much time to finish a whole board! So I had to work like crazy day and night including the weekends, and by the time I was finished, I was literally burnt out. Still, I had a great deal of FUN being able to draw again. Hopefully I'll have more chances in the future to do some more boards. Anyway, these images are a scan of a photocopy so they're not the best interms of image quality. I hope you guys can understand my storytelling. :)

2 comments:

alex said...

nice Dan, I remember you staying late everyday to get that done!

Dan Yu said...

those were some hard days...
update your blog SAVIN!!